Monday, November 4, 2013

Heisman Watch...No Love for the small schools??

I rarely get a the chance to write on college football like I want but don't get it twisted, I am tuned in every week. My bias is only towards my alma matter Robert University, a small 1AA football program out in Moon Township PA where I was recruited to play defense back way back when when I was wet behind the ears.
NEC Stand UP
                                                                                                                                                                    I watch the college game for the standout players, no other way to put it, the young men that will one day be lining up on Sundays getting paid the big bucks. That being said this years Heisman race looks like it will come down to the final weeks, as it should. The front runners as of now are Marcus Mariota, quaterback from Orgeon,Jameis Winston, freshman quarterback for Florida St. and last years winner, quaterback Johnny Manziel of Texas A&M. See the full list http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman13/                                                                                                                                                                                    Teddy Brdgewater's stock has dropped after a tough home loss to UCF and a perceived lack of strength in Lousville's schedule. I say he's done what he has supposed aside from that one hickup.

My one beef with the list is there is one name left off and that is Northern Illinois senior quarterback Jordan Lynch. I know blow out wins against Central Michigan, UMass, Purdue etc. etc. don't pop off the screen and scream Heisman. But there is something that HAS to be said for a guy who has thrown for 1,871 yards with 19 touchdowns and who has ran for 1,150 yards with 12 TD's through 8 GAMES. Regardless if he plays for a non- major school in the Mid-American Conference, the dude is flat out "Ballin". And I am hoping he gains the respect and attention he deserves from the voters. ...Experts they call themselves..



No comments:

Post a Comment